Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Trick ® Treat !

Halloween is, without a doubt, my most favorite holiday. The only other one that comes close to it is Christmas.


Each year, my husband and I hand out over 15 pounds of candy to our neighborhood kids. We deck out of front porch and take pleasure in the fact we have a reputation as being 'one of the good houses' for parents to bring their little hobgoblins to.

I love the fact we live in the Heartland where people can still bring their children to a neighbor's front door and not really have to worry about safety, or what some nefarious person has put into the candy.


So, here is to Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Butterfingers, Snickers, and Hershey Bars. Blow Pops, Dum Dums, and Double Bubble. Last year we had almost a 100 trick or treaters. Can't wait to see how many we get tonight.

One of our family traditions is homemade paper lanterns. We make 20 each year and light our walk and front yard to welcome our trick or treaters. I love the response from the kids, especially the ones that have been coming to our house for as long as they can remember.

Happy Halloween everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I love the paper lantern idea. I'm going to steal it and do it at our home.

    Your front porch looks fantastic and very inviting for trick r treaters, the exact kind of home I wouldn't mind bringing my kids too.

    ReplyDelete