Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Session 2 with The Pretty Black Chains

Two weeks ago I was in Oklahoma City to do a 1950's inspired session with the staff of Oklahoma Film & Music.

While there, I had another session with The Pretty Black Chains. I recently went to Cain's Ballroom to embed with PBC's for their groundbreaking performance opening for the Smashing Pumpkins.

Out of the many Oklahoma bands I have covered of the past years, The Pretty Black Chains are without a doubt the band poised to break through into the national market.

Their sound, and stage presence invokes the feeling of MORE, that they are more than a band who has only been together for two years... that they are more than a band in Oklahoma City. The Pretty Black Chains have the IT factor that is going to land them in the rare group of bands who make it out of the local scene and into rock history.

I started documenting the Pretty Black Chains at South By Southwest, in March of this year. Since then I have been following their rapidly changing sound, flourishing from British inspired pop rock to heavy guitar driven rockers.

Here are a few of my favorites from my latest session with the Pretty Black Chains.





1 comment:

  1. Mike R.12:37 PM

    Janet, your black and white pictures are so f!cking good. The tones and lighting are perfect.

    See you at SXSW2011 and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete